Channels or types of digital marketing
Whether the business is small or big, marketing plays a very crucial role in a business. Nowadays, digital marketing is taking the place of traditional marketing. Today, I’m here to tell you about the channels or types of digital marketing.
There are various types of digital marketing to promote your business.
- Search Engine Optimization(SEO): It is the process of growing your online visibility in non-paid (organic) search engine results. Search Engine Optimization is the first word when someone thinks about digital marketing. Search engine result pages appear to users after they type a keyword from the given set of keywords related to a website by using any search engine like bing, google, or yahoo.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): It is the process of growing your online visibility in paid (inorganic) search engine results. With SEM, a business purchase advertisement space from search engine platforms like Google AdWords, or Bing AdWords, etc. Pay-per-click (PPC) is the example of SEM, in which search engines pay an amount to a company each time their advertisement is clicked.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM): Nowadays social media plays a crucial role in marketing a business. Everything we do on social media to promote our business is called Social Media Marketing. Some social media platforms which help to promote or increase the traffic on your website are Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. By using SMM, your business will gain more growth and reach when you post quality content.
- Content Marketing: In every online business, content plays an important role. Content marketing refers to a slice of quality content that leads to an increase in sales and increases the reach of a website. Content marketing is not only for advertising or reach but also it is for providing real information about the products and services to its customers.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate Marketing means when you promote the products or services of a particular company. As an affiliate, you work as a salesperson for that particular company.
- Influencer Marketing: Influencer marketing is the marketing where a company hires influencers with large followings to advertise and promote the products and the services of that company on social media like Instagram, Snapchat, etc. Before work with an influencer, always check the profile of that influencer first.
- Email Marketing: The process of sending emails to consumers to promote the products or services of a business. It is not only for the promote the business but also it is to develop a trust relationship between a company and its consumers.
- Mobile Phone Marketing: Mobile Marketing is a multi-channel, type of digital marketing in which the aim to reach the target audience to their mobile phones, tablets, etc. via websites, SMS, and emails, etc. Everything we do on a computer, now available on our mobiles also. So, mobile marketing is the best way to promote our business via mobiles.